Pavesini Italian Biscuits
Patak's Curry Paste
Oil Cured Olives
Rustichella d'Abruzzo Pasta
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
King Arthur Flour
Lenny's Favorite TODAY!
Dixie, mother of Good Food Source mastermind Lenny, inspired us to create a resource for great mail order foods. Though she is the
chicken fried steak maven, this busy nurse practitioner from rural Oklahoma has driven long distances to find more exotic ingredients for her culinary exploits. Now, thanks to the Internet, Dixie has discovered a world of fine food products just a few clicks away; Good Food Source finds the best sites from achiote to za'atar.
|BLT ...Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato
|Making a BLT is a simple thing to do. The key is to using summer heirloom tomatoes, good bacon and good bread.
Yields: 4 Sandwiches
Turn oven on to high broil. Lay 16 strips of bacon on a half sheet tray with rack so that the bacon fat will fall below. Place in oven, and bake until browned on one side then flip and brown the other. This should take 20-25 minutes.
- 16 slices thickly cut bacon – we like Wellshire Black Forest
- 8 squares Focaccia cut in half. We like to buy the herbed focaccia. If you can get it the same day it is made, that is best.
- 1 cup Best Food Mayonnaise
- 1 small head Butter Lettuce
- 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 basil leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toast bread cut side down in sauté pan with butter until browned. When cooled down spread one side of each slice with mayonnaise. Arrange lettuce on two slices; top with basil leaf, tomatoes, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices, and cut on the diagonal. Serve immediately.